The Fairfield Bulls Soccer Club were founded in 1971 by Assyrian migrants in Sydney looking to establish a sporting club. Initially, the club went under the moniker of Bonnyrigg Eagles and played in the Southern Districts Football Association until the club entered the NSW Soccer Federation Division 2 where they possessed a first grade, reserve grade and under 18 squad.
At the end of 1981 the name of the club was changed to “Nineveh Eagles”, named after the ancient capital of Assyria. The club played out of the Nineveh Soccer Stadium, which holds a capacity of approximately 1000 spectators and is located behind Nineveh Club.
After the 1992 season, the club changed its name to “Fairfield Bulls SC” and continued playing in the NSW 2nd division where they eventually got promoted to the NSW 1st division. From there, Bulls spent three years in the 1st division before winning the title in 1998 to finally be promoted to the Super League. The club reached its pinnacle in 2002 when it was promoted to the NSW Premier League, enjoying two seasons in the league before being relegated.
Picture - 1998 Champions & Minor Premiers of NSW Division 1 (NPL2)
In 2012 Fairfield Bulls merged in a joint venture with the Southern Districts Soccer Football Association (SDSFA) to form “Southern Bulls”. Initially competing in the 1st Divison State League Competition, the partnership ultimately ended in 2014.
Fairfield Bulls have had notable players come through their ranks, such as former Socceroo Tony Popovic, former NSL player Nenos Bobo, Matthew Borg, Tony Basha, Darren Iocca, Devrim Huseyin, U20 Greek international George Zabetakis and Iraqi international Gilbert Samuel. Joe Watson, a former Nottingham Forest youth player and Australian international, as well as former Socceroo coach Rale Rasic managed the club during their tenure in the NSW Premier League.
- New South Wales 1st Division Champions (1998)
- NSW Super League Runners Up (2001)
- State League Two Champions (2011)
First Grade Divisional History
- 1982-1983 New South Wales Division 2
- 1983-1988 New South Wales Inter Urban 1st Division
- 1989-1991 New South Wales Division 4
- 1992-1994 New South Wales 2nd Division
- 1995-1998 New South Wales 1st Division
- 1999-2000 New South Wales Super League
- 2001-2003 New South Wales Premier League
- 2004 – 2006 New South Wales Super League
- 2007 State League One
- 2008-2010 State League Two
- 2011 State League One
- 2012-2014 became Southern Bulls